If you purchased your vehicle from an individual, you must submit the following documents:
- A current title properly endorsed by the previous owner(s) to the purchaser.
- If the vehicle has an out-of-state title, a completed VIN Verification Form DR2698.
- If the title doesn’t have a space on the title assignment for a purchase price, a bill of sale is recommended.
- Proof of current Colorado insurance; must reflect year, make and VIN of vehicle being registered. Use this link for more information on Insurance Requirements.
- Secure and Verifiable Identification.
- If the vehicle is being financed, a copy of the loan document (Security Agreement or Chattel Mortgage).
- If there is more than one owner of the vehicle, all owners are required to declare their intent to have the Certificate of Title issued in Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship. This may be accomplished by completing the Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship Acknowledgement of Intent Form (DR2395).
NOTE: This list includes the basic forms which are required. Additional documentation may be needed after the paperwork is reviewed.