New Colorado residents are welcomed by the friendly, supportive communities which comprise El Paso County. We are the largest of Colorado’s 64 counties and have much to offer our residents.
The Clerk and Recorder’s Office wants to assist you in making a smooth transition to your new home! Here are some of the “official” processes you’ll need to complete and other information helpful to a “newcomer.”
- Vehicle Registration – learn how to register your vehicle in your new home state as a new resident. For military personnel, check out Military Non-Resident status.
- Driver’s License transfer – our office can do out-of-state transfers.
- Voter Registration – The Colorado Secretary of State’s website provides online voter registration.
Visit our site www.epcvotes.com for complete information about voting and elections in El Paso County.
- The El Paso County Board of County Commissioners is our governing body for the county. Learn about the governing structure.
- The Recording Department provides marriage license issuance, document recording including military DD 214, and a searchable public records database.
Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau