No wait. No worry. No lines.
The Colorado MVExpress self-service kiosk offers a quick and easy way to renew your vehicle registration and receive your year tab immediately!
EASY AS 1 – 2 – 3
You will complete the simple steps in two minutes.
On the touch screen, type in your license plate number and the last 8 digits of the VIN – OR – scan the bar code on the side of your renewal card. Instructions and voice prompts are available in English and Spanish.
Review your vehicle record and make payment for taxes and fees by credit/debit card, check or cash.
Machine will produce for you:
License Plate Year Tab
Printed receipt of the payment transaction
You’re done! Stick the year tab on your license plate and we’ll see you next year!
Additional services available at the kiosks:
Check your title status – you will need your purchase date and the vehicle’s full VIN
Obtain a Duplicate Registration Card – you will need your license plate number and your registration verification code or last eight digits of the VIN
Obtain Replacement Tabs – you will need your license plate number and your registration verification code or last eight digits of the VIN
Residents of the counties participating in the kiosk program may renew at any kiosk in the state. Fees will be calculated based on El Paso County for EPC residents.
Intellectual Technology, Inc., the kiosk vendor, provides a website, https://comvexpress.com/ with information, FAQs, participating counties and a locator to find the nearest kiosk to you.
The Clerk & Recorder’s Office provides kiosks at four locations, open during the following hours:
Colorado MVExpress Partners with King Soopers for Neighborhood Store Kiosks
Kiosks are available at six King Soopers during store hours.
Store kiosks accept check, credit or debit card. No cash payment at store locations.
Documentation to Renew at the Kiosk
- License Plate Number and/or Renewal Postcard
- Emissions Test – if indicated on your renewal postcard. Wait 2 business days after getting the emissions test to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify emissions
- Proof of Colorado Insurance – if indicated on your renewal postcard. Wait 2-4 days after updating or obtaining your Colorado insurance to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify insurance
Time frame to Renew
- The time frame is the same for all methods of renewing your registration: by kiosk, online, mail, or phone. You may renew:
- During the month prior to your expiration month
- In your expiration month
- No later than the last day of the month following the month of expiration (grace period)
- After the grace period, a $25 per month late fee will be assessed up to $100.
Qualifications to Renew at the Kiosk
- You must be a resident of El Paso County, and your current vehicle registration must be in El Paso County
- Residents of the counties participating in the kiosk program whose vehicle(s) is registered in one of those counties may renew at any kiosk in the state.
- Registration is for an automobile, pickup truck, motorcycle, coach/park trailer
- Registration is not for dealer, tow truck, disabled veteran specialty plate, commercial fleet, collector, government, taxi/livery vehicle, multi-year renewals, or military non-resident
Kiosk Contact for Questions
Questions about a renewal transaction done at the kiosk may be directed to Customer Care:
Intellectual Technology, Inc.
Payment at Branch Locations
- Payment may be made by credit/debit card, check or cash
- For El Paso County residents, our Clerk and Recorder has waived the $3.00 service fee for each vehicle’s registration renewal to encourage usage. He also is waiving the convenience fee of $.50 to pay by check
- There is a 2.4% convenience fee to pay by credit/debit card. The fee is not retained by El Paso County
El Paso County Motor Vehicle Contacts
Questions about motor vehicle and driver’s license transactions may be directed to the Clerk and Recorder’s Motor Vehicle Office: