Renew by Mail

  • Include proof of insurance if it is noted on your postcard renewal notice. ALL motor vehicle types MUST have insurance to be driven on Colorado highways. Prior to registration or renewal, owners of tax Class B and C vehicles (passenger, light truck, motorhome and motorcycle), must provide proof of insurance. Use this link for more information on Insurance Requirements.
  • Provide us with your new physical and mailing addresses if they have changed.
  • Include proof of emissions if it is noted on your postcard renewal notice. Online services are available, Emissions Waiver and Out-of-State Emissions Extension, For further emissions information (including diesel requirements) click this link Colorado Motor Vehicle Emissions Program
  • Return the renewal card with payment in an envelope so that it will reach the County Clerk’s Office before the last day of the grace period (one month after the expiration month). Checks should be made payable to the El Paso County Clerk and a driver’s license number should be included on the check as well as the plate number being renewed.
  • Mail the renewal notice to: Motor Vehicle Department, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907.