- Include proof of insurance if it is noted on your renewal notice. ALL motor vehicle types MUST have insurance to be driven on Colorado highways. Prior to registration or renewal, owners of tax Class B and C vehicles (passenger, light truck, motorhome and motorcycle), must provide proof of insurance. Use this link for more information on Insurance Requirements.
- Provide us with your new physical and mailing addresses if they have changed.
- Include proof of emissions if it is noted on your renewal notice. Online services are available, Emissions Waiver and Out-of-State Emissions Extension, https://mydmv.colorado.gov. For further emissions information (including diesel requirements) click this link Colorado Motor Vehicle Emissions Program.
- Return the renewal notice along with payment in provided envelope so that it will reach the County Clerk’s Office before the last day of the grace period (one month after the expiration month). Make checks payable to the El Paso County Clerk along with the plate number being renewed.
- Mail the renewal notice to:
c/o Steve Schleiker
El Paso Clerk/Recorder
Denver, CO 80256-0001
El Paso County Motor Vehicle
PO Box 2007
Colorado Springs, CO 80907