- If moving from another county within the state of Colorado, emission requirements and fees may differ. In El Paso County, emissions tests are required only for diesel vehicles.
- However, if you commute to an area in the state that requires emissions tests at least 90 days per year for employment or school you will need an emissions test even though your vehicle is not registered in that area. Read more here https://tinyurl.com/tl2sevh.
- Please contact our Motor Vehicle Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Online services are available, Emissions Waiver and Out-of-State Emissions Extension https://mydmv.colorado.gov. For further emissions information (including diesel requirements) click this link Colorado Motor Vehicle Emissions Program.
- If you did not receive your renewal card, the timely renewal of your registration is still your responsibility. Contact the County Clerk’s Motor Vehicle Office via email at email@example.com.
- You can renew your registration during the month prior to your expiration month, the month of expiration, or no later than the last day of the month following the expiration month.
- El Paso County vehicle owners are required to pay an additional $25.00 late fee per month up to $100 on each vehicle registered after the one-month grace period as provided by C.R.S. 42-3-112 (SB09-108).