All El Paso County Motor Vehicle Offices are now operating on a new State DRIVES computer system, which will allow for faster transaction processing, additional online services and better county-to-county integration. The conversion was completed ahead of schedule on Friday, August 3, giving our staff members an opportunity for hands-on experience prior to Saturday’s opening where over 400 transactions were processed at our Union Town Center Branch.
“We are excited the DRIVES system is now implemented in El Paso County driver license and motor vehicle offices,” said Clerk and Recorder Chuck Broerman. “This new system offers a 35-year leap in technology and adds 15 new online services. We strive to take an innovative approach when it comes to customer service and providing a virtual government. Our citizens now have the option to do many of the services we offer from home and allows for a faster customer experience.”
New online services, available at https://mydmv.colorado.gov include:
- Request a Personalized Plate – Check availability of a personalized plate instantly and reserve and pay for a plate. This replaces a manual process where people request their top three choices, send in a form, wait for the state to tell them if they’re available, if they find one that’s available, send in payment, wait for production, etc. This service completes the process in one step.
- Registration Fee Estimator – Estimate registration fees on a vehicle. Commonly used for individuals who are considering purchasing a new vehicle who are wondering about the registration cost.
- Request a Title Status – Tells a customer if their title has been processed. It’s a real-time title-complete notice.
- Get a Transaction Receipt – This service provides a receipt for a transaction and outlines all taxes and fees paid. This will be commonly used at tax time when individuals need to see what SOT they paid and have misplaced the receipt where it’s listed.
- Add/change a Vehicle Address – Change your motor vehicle registration address
Request a Duplicate Title – Get a duplicate title if your title has been lost or stolen.
- First-time Registration – This service allows an individual to register a vehicle in Colorado for the first time without visiting a motor vehicle office.
- Request Duplicate Registration Card – Replace a lost or stolen registration card
- Apply for an Emissions Waiver – Allows an individual to apply for a hardship or repair waiver to help with payment of emissions-related repairs
- Apply for Out-of-State Emissions Extension – For individuals who need an emissions test, but are out of state at the time their test is needed. This extends a valid emissions test so that an individual is able to register a vehicle until that individual returns to Colorado.
- Become a Third Party IRP Agent – Some International Registration Plan users hire third-party individuals to maintain their accounts. This allows these individuals to register with their information and request access to an account in order to manage it.
- First-time Application Disability Placards – Allows an individual to apply for a disability placard for the first time. This is for individuals who do not currently have a valid placard.
- Manage Your Placards – This service is for individuals who have disability placards who need to renew, get a duplicate, cancel, etc.
- Request a Title/registration History Report – request a full motor vehicle history record
El Paso County Motor Vehicle Offices will have extended hours August 6-10, 2018, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturday, August 11, 2018 7 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Union Town Center Branch, only. We ask that El Paso County citizens be patient while our staff gets comfortable with this new system. For additional information and to view wait times at each office please visit, www.EPCDrives.com.