Depending on your situation, it may be necessary to replace certain documents, such as your Driver’s License, Social Security Card, or Passport.
If your driver’s license or identification card was used to commit identity theft, or if they were stolen and therefore compromised, you will want to either:
- Be reissued a driver’s license or ID card with the same personal identification number (PIN); or
- Apply for a replacement driver’s license or ID card with a new personal identification number (PIN)
Reissue: For a Colorado driver’s license or ID card with the same personal identification number (PIN), visit any County Motor Vehicle Office. Our office can replace a lost or stolen Colorado driver’s license or identification card. The license or ID card will be reissued as a renewal when you present a state or county certified copy of your birth certificate, a valid US passport, or a Social Security card.
Replacement: To replace your Colorado driver’s license or identification card and receive a new personal identification number (PIN) you may contact the Colorado Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles and follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Affidavit of Colorado Driver’s License or ID Theft Form (DR 2153).
- Have your signature notarized.
- Bring at least one form of identification as outlined on the DR 2153 form.
- Bring a form of payment.
- Bring a copy of your police report.
Deliver the form in person to the Colorado Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicles Division Office located at 2447 North Union Blvd, Colorado Springs. You can schedule a time to submit your paperwork at the State office located in El Paso County by clicking here.